Thursday 11 August 2011

What's the Right Mood for Birthday?

I wonder, what's the right mood for birthday? A happy one? Or a gloomy one?
I used to be really excited about my birthday, counting down the days, imagining the bunch of fun, expecting surprises. But, I forgot when was the last time I felt excited about my birthday...

Reality somehow kills the dreams and imaginations that I used to have every birthday. Ironic enough, I remember feeling extremely sad every year on my birthday eve. Some awful incidents somehow happened on that particular day- arguments, accidents, disappointment.

I guess, from then, I learn not to expect much as I always believe disappointment comes from expectation. Lesson of 24 years of living- Stop expecting.

Happy Birthday in advance to myself. 




1 comment: